As we age our lips change, and over time the volume of the lips will deplete. There will be a loss of contour, leaving the lips with a thinner, flatter appearance. Dermal fillers are a great way to enhance the lip volume and redefine the lip shape. It’s suitable for women, and men, who want to increase their lip size, or for those who are unhappy with their naturally thin lips. It’s also a good treatment for lip creases, and will soften the lines preventing lipstick bleeds, and will enhance the area around the mouth, making it look younger. lip shapes
- Ask the practitioner how dermal filler injections can improve your lips, and make sure they are fully aware of the look you’re trying to achieve.
- If you’re nervous about discomfort, then a topical numbing cream can easily be applied to the injection area, making the treatment more comfortable.
- Lip filler treatments usually take less than an hour.
- After cleansing and disinfecting the mouth area, the dermal filler will be precisely injected into the chosen areas using an ultra-fine needle. There’ll be only a minimal amount of discomfort and maybe some slight bruising.
- The results are visible immediately.
- After treatment a cold compress on the lips will help to prevent any swelling.
- After you have healed, your lips should feel natural.
- Lipstick or other lip products are best avoided immediately after the procedure.
Some lips will only need a tiny amount of filler to make a difference, proving you don’t need lots of volume to give you beautiful results. As you get older you naturally lose hyaluronic acid making the lips shrink, and a cosmetic practitioner will restore your lips to make them look like the lips you used to have in your youth. Lip enhancement treatments will shape your smile, restoring volume and achieving beautiful, fresh and fuller lips.
Some of the most common complaints that people have are;
- Asymmetrical lips, where the corners of the mouth turn downwards
- Volume loss, lips lacking volume and definition
- Ageing lines around the mouth, either through ageing or smoking
- The upper lip, beneath the nose can become flattened
A good cosmetic practitioner will look at your whole face, keeping your lips in proportion and making sure you keep that all important natural look. We would all like beautiful lips with definition and shape to give us a great smile and to compliment the beauty of our face.
If you need help choosing a cosmetic procedure, we provide an extensive range of cosmetic procedures for the face and body: Botox, Vaser Lipo, Lip Augmentation, Dermal Fillers and many more treatments, to help create a younger, slimmer, more youthful looking you!